When the programme is open for application you apply through our web-based application system by clicking on the "Apply here"-button on this page.
Start your application early! Don’t delay in submitting your application! You may run into trouble if you wait until the last day and your internet connection happens to be down, or you find that your files are in the wrong format. You will not be able to apply once the last date for applications has passed. Your application has to be turned in by 23.59 (Swedish time).
When you have entered the application system:
1. Register by stating your name and e-mail address.
2. Fill in your personal data (including your Swedish civic registration number if you have one).
3. Fill in the application form and upload the required documents.
Before uploading your documents, they must be prepared as follows:
- You must scan your original documents. If the document is in colour, scan it in colour.
- Be sure to scan ALL pages in the document, even those that just contain instructions or other information that is not necessarily information about your grades. It must be the complete document and all the pages should be in the same file.
- If you upload copies of original documents, (degree certificates, transcript of records etc.) they must be certified/attested! This means that another person must sign their name, write their name in block letters and provide their telephone number on each document copy you submit. This person, by signing, is certifying that the copy you submit is an exact copy of the original.
- All documents must be in PDF-format unless speciafied otherwise
- Please name the file with content and your name for example: CV_ first name_ family name
The following documents have to be uploaded for your application to be complete.
1. A copy of your passport or national identity card (unless you are a Swedish citizen)
If you are a citizen in an EU, EEA-country, or Switzerland, you do not have to pay application or tuition fees. Applicants from all other countries need to pay application fee for higher education in Sweden, and, if admitted a tuition fee. Please upload a copy of your passport/valid national identity card as we need to check your nationality. If you have a Swedish civic registration number, or Swedish citizenship, you do not need to upload a copy of your passport. Remember to state your Swedish civic registration number when you fill in your personal data.
2. Documentation to show that you meet the General Entry Requirements for studies at the first cycle
- You must upload your diploma with a list of subjects taken and grades received from upper secondary school/high school.
- If you study in the last year in upper secondary school/high school you must upload a certificate on your current studies.
- If you do not have grades from upper secondary school/high school you can apply for recognition of prior learning.
Documents in Nordic languages, Finnish and English are accepted. Regarding documents issued in another language, you must upload the original document along with a translation made by an authorized translator.
Please note that we do not accept print outs from Antagning.se. We do not accept e-mails as certificates
3. Specific documentation needed for the programme
For more information about the application requirements, please download the Checklist and Application Guide.
You apply to the Bachelor's Programme in Circus with one circus discipline. In the webform please clearly state with which discipline you are applying. If you work with a duo/group discipline please include a second discipline of your own. If your partner/s are also applying to this programme, please state their names. If the Department of Circus does not offer your discipline/s we will contact you.
Letter of Motivation
Write a short letter (1-2 pages in English) and answer the following questions:
- Why are you applying to this programme?
- What are your goals with circus?
- What inspires you with circus art?
You can also write if you have any other interests that influence your work as a circus artist.
Upload your CV. The CV needs to be in English only.
You must upload three (3) films with your application. Maximum size for each film
s is 150mb. Cell phone footage should be recorded in ‘Landscape.’ All three vidoes must be uploaded by the application deadline, January 15th 23:59 (Swedish time).
Information about how to reduce the file size of the movies can be found here.
Video #1: CDT (Circus Discipline technique) 3-4 minutes
- 30 - 60 seconds: a short presentation of yourself. If you work with a duo/group discipline, clearly explain how we can identify you on the video.
- 2-3 minutes: clearly visible skills in primary discipline such as training sequences, strength and/or flexibility related to discipline, sequences from rehearsal or performance.
- Only this video is used in selection 1. Videos #2 and #3 will only be watched for applicants that have proceeded to Selection 2.
Video #2: CA (Circus Act) 4-6 minutes
- 4-6 minutes: A circus act in the circus discipline with which you are applying.
- The act should be filmed without cuts. Make sure that we can see you clearly in the film.
- If you work with a duo/group discipline, clearly explain how we can identify you on the video.
- Video #3: AI (Artistic and Individual aims and interests) 2-4 minutes
- 2-4 minutes: additional skills and interests.
- Examples: other circus skills, skills in other arts domains (dance, theatre, visual arts, music), interests and inspirations.
Applying for recognition of prior learning
If you do not meet the general requirements and/or specific requirements you can apply for recognition of prior learning. When you apply for recognition of prior learning you should upload:
- a letter explaining why you think that you will manage the studies even though you do not fulfil the general entry requirements and/or specific entry requirements.
- signed documents/certificates that confirm your merits/experiences that you refer to in your letter and CV. The documents you upload need to be signed and dated by the person/s that wrote them. We only accept documents on in English, Swedish, Danish or Norwegian. We do not accept e-mails as certificates.
Here you can find more information regarding prior learning/exemption.
Please note that we only accept applications and certificates through the application system, not by means of regular post or e-mail.
Confirmation of your application
When you’ve submitted your application you will receive a confirmation to the e-mail address that you’ve stated. If you don’t receive an confirmation e-mail, you should firstly check your spam filter. If the confirmation e-mail is not there, contact the technical support for the application system by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical difficulties with your application?
Phone: +46 520 580 050 (weekdays at the following times: 08:30–12:00 and 13:00–16:30).