Start your application early
Don’t delay in submitting your application! You may run into trouble if you wait until the last day and your internet connection happens to be down, or you find that your files are in the wrong format. You will not be able to apply once the last date for applications has passed. Keep in mind that your application has to be turned in by 23:59 (Swedish time).
You apply to the programme in two steps
- Apply to the programme via universityadmissions.se.
Last day for application: 16 January 2023
Please note that you need to submit supporting documents showing that you meet the general entry enquirements via: universityadmissions.se/My pages/Documents/Upload documents.
- Submit your worksample via Varbi (according to instructions below):
Last day to submit worksamples to be part of the selection: 16 January 2023
Other important dates
- 1 February 2023: Last day to submit supporting documentation of previous studies (qualification)*
- 1 February 2023: Last day to pay the application fee or prove that you are not required to pay the fees (read more under Application and tuition fees below)
- 5 May 2023: Admission results published on “My pages” on universityadmissions.se
* 21 June is deadline for submitting your final grades for you who are currently studying the last term of your Upper Secondary Education in Sweden.
5 July is deadline for submitting your final grades for you who are currently studying the last term of your Upper Secondary Education in another country or IB- education.
5 July is deadline for you who need to submit proficiency test in English or Swedish.
Instructions on how to submit your work samples* via Varbi
* Please read below which type of documentation and/or files that is required for the programme you have applied to.
When you have entered Varbi:
- Register by stating your name and e-mail address.
- Fill in your personal data (including your Swedish civic registration number if you have one).
- Fill in the application form and upload the required documents.
Before uploading your documents, they must be prepared as follows:
- You must scan your original documents. If the document is in colour, scan it in colour.
- All documents must be in PDF-format.
- Please name the document/file with content and your name for example: CV_ first name_ family name
Send in the following via Varbi:
Specific documentation needed for the programme
For more information about the application requirements, please download the Checklist and Application Guide.
You apply to the Bachelor's Programme in Circus with one circus discipline. In the webform please clearly state with which discipline you are applying. If you work with a duo/group discipline please include a second discipline of your own. If your partner/s are also applying to this programme, please state their names. If the Department of Circus does not offer your discipline/s we will contact you.
1. Letter of motivation
Write a short text (1 page in English) answering the following questions:
- Why are you applying to this programme?
- What are your goals with circus?
- What inspires you with circus art?
You can also write if you have any other interests that influence your work as a circus artist.
Upload your CV. The CV needs to be in English only.
3. Work samples – Videos
You must upload three (3) films with your application. Maximum size for each film is 150mb. Cell phone footage should be recorded in ‘Landscape.’ All three videos must be uploaded by the application deadline, January 16th 23:59 (Swedish time).
- Video #1: CDT (Circus Discipline technique) max 3 minutes
- 30 - 60 seconds: a short presentation of yourself. If you work with a duo/group discipline, clearly explain how we can identify you on the video.
- 2 - 2.30 minutes: clearly visible skills in primary discipline such as training sequences, strength and/or flexibility related to discipline, sequences from rehearsal or performance.
- Only this video is used in selection 1. Videos #2 and #3 will only be watched for applicants that proceed to Selection 2.
- Video #2: CA (Circus Act) max 5 minutes
- 3-5 minutes: A circus act in the circus discipline with which you are applying.
- The act should be filmed without cuts. Make sure that we can see you clearly in the film.
- If you work with a duo/group discipline, clearly explain how we can identify you on the video.
- Video #3: AI (Artistic and Individual aims and interests) max 4 minutes
- 2-4 minutes: additional skills and interests.
- Examples: other circus skills, skills in other arts domains (dance, theatre, visual arts, music), interests and inspirations.
Please note that you might have to reduce/compress your video size before uploading it. Read more about reducing video size.
Confirmation that you have submitted your work samples via Varbi
When you've submitted your work samples you will receive a confirmation to the e-mail address that you’ve stated. If you don’t receive a confirmation e-mail, you should first check your spam filter. If the confirmation e-mail is not there, contact Varbi's technical support.
Phone: +46 520 580 050 (weekdays 08:30–12:00 and 13:00–16:30).