When the programme is open for application you apply through our web-based application system by clicking on the "Apply here"-button on this page.
Start your application early! Don’t delay in submitting your application! You may run into trouble if you wait until the last day and your internet connection happens to be down, or you find that your files are in the wrong format. You will not be able to apply once the last date for applications has passed. Keep in mind that your application has to be turned in by 23.59 (Swedish time).
When you have entered the application system:
1. Register by stating your name and e-mail address.
2. Fill in your personal data (including your Swedish civic registration number if you have one).
3. Fill in the application form and upload the required documents.
Before uploading your documents, they must be prepared as follows:
- You must scan your original documents. If the document is in colour, scan it in colour.
- Be sure to scan ALL pages in the document, even those that just contain instructions or other information that is not necessarily information about your grades. It must be the complete document and all the pages should be in the same file.
- If you upload copies of original documents, (degree certificates, transcript of records etc.) they must be certified/attested! This means that another person must sign their name, write their name in block letters and provide their telephone number on each document copy you submit. This person, by signing, is certifying that the copy you submit is an exact copy of the original.
- All documents must be in PDF-format.
- Please name the file with content and your name for example: CV_ first name_ family name
The following documents have to be uploaded for your application to be complete.
1. A copy of your passport or national identity card (unless you are a Swedish citizen)
Applicants from non-EU, EEA-country, or Switzerland, need to pay application fee for higher education in Sweden, and if admitted a tuition fee. If you are a citizen in an EU, EEA-country, or Switzerland, you do not have to pay application or tuition fees. Please upload a copy of your passport/valid national identity card as we need to check your nationality. If you have a Swedish civic registration number, or Swedish citizenship, you do not need to upload a copy of your passport. Remember to state your Swedish civic registration number when you fill in your personal data.
2. Documentation showing that you meet the general entry requirements for studies at second cycle/advanced level.
- Upload your Degree of a Bachelor of Arts including the transcript of records.
- If you are in your last year of studies please upload a certificate that shows completed and current courses
- if you do not have the required courses from university studies you can apply for recognition of prior learning (see below).
We only accept documents in English, Swedish, Danish or Norwegian. Regarding documents issued in another language, you must upload the original document along with a translation made by an authorized translator.
Please note that we do not accept print outs from Antagning.se. We do not accept e-mails as certificates
3. Documentation showing that you meet the specific Entry Requirements.
- A certificate of a Degree of a Bachelor of fine arts including the transcript of records.
- Documentation that shows that you meet the English language requirement (English 6, or the equivalent). You will find more information about the language requirement here.
- A transcript of records showing 15 credits and Degree project within a, for this specialization, relevant specialization from the Bachelor's program in film and media, or equivalent.
- if you do not have the required courses from university studies you can apply for recognition of prior learning (see below)
4. Letter of Motivation - max 2 pages of A4 size, 8000 characters.
Upload a letter of motivation answering the following questions: Why are you applying to the programme? What are your expectations of your studies at the programme?
5. Upload your CV where you list your education, professional experience and other relevant experiences that you want to refer to.
6. Upload a project idea, artistic exploration or research topic in the field of film and media - max 3 pages of A4 size, 12 000 characters.
It should be something that is possible to have as a degree project in the Master´s programme, but you will be able to change idea during the programme. You should also explain how you made the artistic choices with regard to relevant social and ethical aspects in the specialisation applied for, and show your understanding of the role of art in society.
7. Upload a clip - max 2 min, max 150 MB. Film format: mov, mp4 or avi. Sound format: mp3, wav, m4a or aiff.
Make a work with image (film, animation or still images) and/or sound that depicts someone/something that caught your attention recently.
8. Upload a work sample, or part of a work, from your portfolio that you believe describe your craftsmanship and abilities for the specialisation you apply for in the best way. Film, sound or animation. Max 5 min, max 150 MB. Film format: mov, mp4 or avi. Sound format: mp3, wav, m4a or aiff.
9. Upload a description of the context (where, why and how) and your role in the production above (question 8). Max ½ page of A4 size, 2 000 characters.
Applying for recognition of prior learning
If you do not meet the general requirements and/or specific requirements you can apply for recognition of prior learning. When you apply for recognition of prior learning you should upload:
- a letter explaining why you think that you will manage the studies even though you do not fulfil the general entry requirements and/or specific entry requirements.
- signed documents/certificates that confirm your merits/experiences that you refer to in your letter and CV. The documents you upload need to be signed and dated by the person/s that wrote them. We only accept documents on in English, Swedish, Danish or Norwegian. We do not accept e-mails as certificates.
Here you can find more information regarding prior learning/exemption.
Please note that we only accept applications and certificates through the application system, not by means of regular post or e-mail.
Confirmation of your application
When you’ve submitted your application you will receive a confirmation to the e-mail address that you’ve stated. If you don’t receive an confirmation e-mail, you should firstly check your spam filter. If the confirmation e-mail is not there, contact the technical support for the application system by e-mail: email@example.com
Technical difficulties with your application?
Phone: +46 520 580 050 (weekdays at the following times: 08:30–12:00 and 13:00–16:30).