Start your application early
Don’t delay in submitting your application! You may run into trouble if you wait until the last day and your internet connection happens to be down, or you find that your files are in the wrong format. You will not be able to apply once the last date for applications has passed. Keep in mind that your application has to be turned in by 23:59 (Swedish time).
You apply to the programme in two steps
- Apply to the programme via universityadmissions.se
Last day for application: 17 January 2022
Please note! Choose “Autumn 2022” for your search!
- Submit your worksample via Varbi (accordning to instructions below):
Last day to submit worksample via Varbi: 17 Januari 2022
Other important dates for your application
* 5 July is deadline for you who need to submit proficiency test in English or Swedish.
Deadline for Diploma of Bachelor’s Degree and transcript of records for you who are currently studying the last term of your Bachelor’s Programme is by the time for registration.
Instructions on how to submit your worksamples* via Varbi
* Please read below which type of documentation and/or files that is required for the programme you have applied to.
When you have entered the application system:
1. Register by stating your name and e-mail address.
2. Fill in your personal data (including your Swedish civic registration number if you have one).
3. Fill in the application form and upload the required documents.
Before uploading your documents, they must be prepared as follows:
- You must scan your original documents. If the document is in colour, scan it in colour.
- All documents must be in PDF-format.
- Please name the document/file with content and your name for example: CV_ first name_ family name
1. Upload a Letter of Motivation - max 2 pages of A4 size, 8 000 characters.
Upload a letter of motivation answering the following questions:
Why are you applying to the programme?
What are your expectations of your studies at the programme?
2. Upload your CV where you list your education, professional experience and other relevant experiences that you want to refer to.
3. Upload a project idea, artistic exploration or research topic in the field of film and media - max 3 pages of A4 size, 12 000 characters.
It should be something that is possible to have as a degree project in the Master´s programme. It will be possible to change idea during the programme. You should also explain how you made the artistic choices with regard to relevant social and ethical aspects in the specialisation applied for, and show your understanding of the role of art in society.
4. Upload a clip - max 2 min, max 150 MB. Film format: mov, mp4 or avi. Sound format: mp3, wav, m4a or aiff.
Make a work with image (moving images, animation or still images) and/or sound that depicts someone/something that caught your attention recently.
5. Upload a work sample, or part of a work, from your portfolio that you believe describe your craftsmanship and abilities for the specialisation you apply for in the best way. Film, sound or animation. Max 5 min, max 150 MB. Film format: mov, mp4 or avi. Sound format: mp3, wav, m4a or aiff.
6. Describe the work process and your role in the submitted work sample. Max 1 000 characters.
Read more here about reduce video size and What is Bitrate.