Start your application early
Don’t delay in submitting your application! You may run into trouble if you wait until the last day and your internet connection happens to be down, or you find that your files are in the wrong format. You will not be able to apply once the last date for applications has passed. Keep in mind that your application has to be turned in by 23:59 (Swedish time).
You apply to the programme in two steps
- Apply to the programme via universityadmissions.se.
Last day for application: 16 January 2023
Please note that you need to submit supporting documents showing that you meet the general entry enquirements via: universityadmissions.se/My pages/Documents/Upload documents.
- Submit your worksample via Varbi (according to instructions below):
Last day to submit worksamples to be part of the selection: 16 January 2023
Other important dates
- 1 February 2023: Last day to submit supporting documentation of previous studies (qualification)*
- 1 February 2023: Last day to pay the application fee or prove that you are not required to pay the fees (read more under Application and tuition fees below)
- 5 May 2023: Admission results published on “My pages” on universityadmissions.se
* 21 June is deadline for submitting your final grades for you who are currently studying the last term of your Upper Secondary Education in Sweden.
* 5 July is deadline for submitting your final grades for you who are currently studying the last term of your Upper Secondary Education in another country or IB- education.
* 5 July is deadline for you who need to submit proficiency test in English or Swedish.
Instructions on how to submit your work samples* via Varbi
* Please read below which type of documentation and/or files that is required for the programme you have applied to.
When you have entered Varbi:
- Register by stating your name and e-mail address.
- Fill in your personal data.
- Fill in the application form and upload the required documents.
Before uploading your documents, they must be prepared as follows:
- You must scan your original documents. If the document is in colour, scan it in colour.
- All documents must be in PDF-format.
- Please name the document/file with content and your name for example: CV_ first name_ family name
Send in the following via Varbi:
The work samples consist of a motivation letter and two videos. Both letter and films must be uploaded via Varbi. The main language of instruction is English, and you choose whether you want to present the work samples in English or Swedish. Please read all the instructions carefully before starting your work samples.
1. Letter of motivation
Motivation letter in which you describe:
- Why you are applying for the Bachelor of Mime Acting?
- What you hope to gain from the programme?
Max 1 A4 page (4000 characters). Please use pdf.
2. Film 1: Optional content that represents you
In the first film, the content is optional. Choose something that you think represents you. It can be an improvisation or a scene in motion and/or text, or a clip from a performance you have worked on.
3. Film 2: Portray a story
In the second film, you will portray an excerpt from one of the following texts:
- The Tongue-Cut Sparrow
- The Lion and the Mouse
Instructions film 2:
- Choose one of the three texts.
- Portray the text using both your body and voice.
- Do not focus on getting through the whole text in your film, if it is perceived as short on time. The important thing is that you present the story in a way that you are satisfied with. If you go on to audition 4, you will have the chance to play a longer piece of the story.
- You may NOT have any co-player, i.e. any other person, in the film.
- Make sure you are visible and can be heard well and that you are visible throughout the film, not just your face.
- If you use sign language, make sure the language is centered in the film.
- The story must be filmed in one shooting and the mobile phone must be still during the filming.
- The mobile film must be in an unbroken, unedited shot without zoom.
- Note that your application cannot be processed if the material in Film 2 has been edited. The test is then considered invalid and will not be assessed.
For both films, the following applies:
You can record them with a mobile camera. In the instructional video below, you will receive further guidance on how to record your film.
In order for your application to be complete you need to apply to the programme via universityadmissions.se and submit your worksample via Varbi.
Confirmation that you have submitted your work samples via Varbi
When you've submitted your work samples you will receive a confirmation to the e-mail address that you’ve stated. If you don’t receive a confirmation e-mail, you should first check your spam filter. If the confirmation e-mail is not there, contact Varbi's technical support.
Phone: +46 520 580 050 (weekdays 08:30–12:00 and 13:00–16:30).