University studies at SKH

Here you find more general information about studying at SKH.

When you study at SKH you attend a university education with everything that it entails of curricula, goals and degrees. As a student, it is your responsibility to know what applies to your particular studies.

Courses and course syllabus

All education at a university takes place in a course. Each course should have a set syllabus that you as a student have access to on the intranet. The syllabus describes, among other things, what set goals the student is expected to achieve after completing the course and what form of examination the course has. This examination will ensure that you as a student have reached the set objectives of the syllabus.

Study Programmes and syllabus

If you attend a bachelor's or master's program, there are set goals for the entire program that you as a student should have achieved when the entire program is complete. The examination objectives are in the program syllabus. You will also find this on the intranet.

Independent courses

SKH offer independent courses on the first and second cycle level.

First or second cycle level

Courses and educational programs can either be at the first cycle or the second cycle level. If you pass a degree at the first cycle level, which corresponds to three years of full-time studies, this degree is called the Bachelor's degree. Courses and programs that are intended to begin after receiving the Bachelor´s degree are at the second cycle level. If you pass a degree at the second cycle level, which corresponds to two years of full-time studies, it is called a master's degree. If you finish your studies at the second cycle level after one year, you can apply for a first-year master's degree.

Research and Research Education

SKH conducts research in artistic practices. We have degree-awarding powers on the third cycle level and the link to research is an important part of Uniarts´ education. Doctoral candidates and teachers conduct research at the departments.

As a student you have the opportunity to continue studying at the third cycle level as a doctoral candidate. Get inspired now: follow the research work on the website, in the internal weekly newsletter and in the research newsletter.

Course Evaluation

According to the Higher Education Ordinance, all universities are obliged to give students the opportunity to submit course evaluations in connection with each course. Students should have the right to access the compilations of the results and any action taken based on them.

Study registration in Ladok

All SKH students are registered in Ladok, a system for study documentation that is common to universities in Sweden. In Ladok, your personal data and study results are recorded. According to the data protection regulation GDPR, you who are registered in Ladok have the right to know what information is available about you.

If you want a registry extract from Ladok, e.g. a study certificate, you can print it yourself from Ladok or you can e-mail, and the administrators of the Educational Administration Department will send you a certificate.

In Ladok you can see for yourself which courses you are registered on and also the results of the courses when they are ready.

Who do I turn to if I have questions

Programme coordinator
If you have questions about the programme you are attending and decisions regarding the programme, you can contact the programme coordinator.

Course coordinator
If you have questions about a specific course, you can contact the course coordinator.

Administrator at the Educational Administration Department (UA)
If you have any questions about registration, crediting study breaks or other administrative questions about the education, you can contact the UA administrator who supports your department.

Education administrator at the department
If you have more practical questions about the education, e.g. schedule.

Go to Find People


If you have read one or more courses at another university that you think corresponds to some part or more of the programme you are studying with us, you can apply for credit. This is so that you do not have to study something in which you already have corresponding knowledge or skills.

You can also apply for credits from another type of education or work experience, so-called prior learning.

A credit calculation is a decision that certain education, knowledge or skills acquired in professional activities may be included in a course or degree. The Higher Education Ordinance, Chapter 6. Sections 6–8 contain provisions on credit calculation at the first-, second- and third cycle levels.
SKH has established guidelines for credit calculation. You need to apply to do a credit calculation. The form can be found on the intranet. If you have any questions about this, you can contact the UA Administrator for your department.

Study Break

If you want to take a break from your studies, you can apply for a study break with a guaranteed admission. Since most courses and programs are not given/started each year, it is not certain that a study break with a guaranteed admission can always be granted for the period you wish. Therefore, you must find out what applies to the period for which you wish to take a study break.

The form for the application for study break can be found on the intranet. If you have any questions about this, you can contact the UA Administrator for your department

Interruption of studies

If you wish to cancel your studies completely, you need to submit a report on study interruption. You can find the form for study interruption on the intranet. If you have any questions about this, you can contact the UA Administrator for your department.

Do not forget to register with CSN if you take a study break or cancel your studies so that you do not have to be reimbursed. You are only entitled to study allowance during your studies.

International student exchanges

SKH offers students the opportunity to conduct international exchanges with partner universities. The university works actively with exchanges for students and staff, among others in the programs Erasmus +, Linneaus Palme and Minor Field Studies. Read more about how we work with internationalisation.