This page is aimed at those of you who have been admitted to an education at SKH but have not yet begun your studies. If you have been prevented from starting your studies, you can read here about, among other things, how to apply for a deferral.

During the introductory days in the first weeks, you will get access to your student e-mail and to the intranet where you will find important practical information about SKH and your studies.

The page is under construction and will be supplemented gradually.


If, after being admitted and accepting a student place, you are prevented from starting your studies, you can apply to defer commencement of your studies. The application must be made before registration.

Reasons for deferment can be social, medical or other special circumstances such as childcare, military or civilian service, student union assignments, initial military training or postponed leave in accordance with Sweden’s act on employee rights to leave for education/training. Special reasons may include temporary probationary appointment as a temporary squad leader, soldier or sailor in the Swedish Armed Forces.

Deferment is regulated in § 33, chap. 7 of Sweden’s Higher Education Ordinance (1993:100) and the Swedish Council for Higher Education’s regulations (2016:1).

  • As a rule, deferment is granted no longer than until the next start of the courses and study programmes.
    NB! Some of our courses and study programmes (specialisations included therein) are not offered every year.
  • To apply for deferment, you must have been admitted and accepted a student place.
  • Application for deferment must have been submitted before the date you were expected to register for your courses and study programmes.

This is how you apply

You apply by completing and submitting the Application for deferment of study commencement form, which you will find on this page. Append a letter giving reasons for your deferment application and any certificates, etc. corroborating these (e.g. doctor’s certificates, child’s extract from the population register, decision on compulsory service or statement from an employer).

The application for deferment is to be e-mailed to or posted to:

Stockholm University of the Arts
Box 24045
SE-104 50 Stockholm

If your application contains sensitive personal details (e.g. doctor’s certificates), we recommend that you post rather than e-mail.


When the application has been processed, the decision is emailed to you. If you are granted deferment, you must, in accordance with the timings in the decision, inform us of your subsequent intention to start studies. To do this, contact ahead of the term when, as per the decision, you are to start said studies.

Rejection of your deferment application can be appealed. The decision contains appeal instructions. An appeal must be made within three weeks of you learning of the decision.