Fristående-kurser_Kurs-Reconstruction-Bauer_1500x800.jpgPhoto: Ella Carlefalk


Our courses are usually for those who work in one of our artistic fields and want to immerse themselves in a specific area. The courses we offer vary and some come back several times while others are only offered a few times. Our selection of courses is based on the needs that exist in the artistic field and what interesting courses we can offer. Feel free to contact us if there is any field in which you think we should give a course!

We provide courses of different lengths – from a few weeks to one or two semesters. The length of the course depends partly on how many credits it comprises and partly on whether it runs full-time or part-time. Some courses run full-time on site in our premises, others run part-time and consist to a large extent of self-studies. Read the description of each course to find out what applies to the course.

Entry requirements

In the course descriptions, you will find that you sometimes need to have previous knowledge in the field of ​​the course. If you have not got previous university studies, you need to show that you have other experience that corresponds to the university studies, for example that you have worked in the field of ​​the course.

It is also important that you know Swedish and English, that is the teaching languages. Some educations are in English and then you do not need skills in Swedish. If you do not have a diploma that shows that you have the required language skills, but still master the language, you can take a language test before applying.


We usually have more applicants than available places at our courses. Selection is based on the documents we ask you to send in when you apply. Sometimes you need to submit work samples or meet us for an audition or interview. How the tests are performed depends on which course you are applying for.

Student finance and tuition fees

The studies are eligible for study grants. You can read more about this on CSN's website. Our courses are free of charge if you are a Swedish or European citizen or if you have a residence permit in Sweden for other purposes than studies. However, we have tuition fees for non-European students. You will find the tuition fee for the specific course in the course description.

Current courses

Read more and apply for current courses taught in English.