Applicant with upper secondary school grades from a Nordic country
This is what applies to you if you have upper secondary school (high school) grades from a Nordic country.
General entry requirements
If you live in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, or Norway, and meet the general entry requirments for studies at a university there, you also meet the general entry requirements for studies at a university in Sweden.
Knowledge in Swedish*
You must have the grade E in Swedish, or Swedish as a Second Language, course 3, from upper secondary school or the equivalent. How to show that you are eligable in Swedish. (Information in Swedish)
* If you apply to a programmes or courses with English as the language of instruction, you do not need to have knowledge in Swedish.
English language requirements
You must have the grade E in English course 6 from upper secondary school, or the equivalent. How to show that you are eligable in English.
* Some of our programmes and courses only require English proficiency at the level of English course 5, in these cases you are exempt from the language requirement English 6.
Specific entry requirments
Some programmes have specific entry requirements. In your application you must show that you also meet the specific entry requirement.
Upload the right documents
- Diploma/list of subjects taken and grades received from your upper-secondary school in a (Nordic) original language.
- Document to show sufficient level of English (grades from upper secondary school, or university results with English as the language of instruction).
- English Language test results (if applicable to you).
- Document to show sufficient level of Swedish (Information in Swedish), grades or test result, if applicable to you.
- If you have studied at a university level - please upload:
- Diploma from university education in the (Nordic) original language
- List of subjects taken and grades from the university education in the (Nordic) original language
Upper secondary (high school) documents in English, French, Spanish, German, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish do not need to be translated. Upper secondary school documents in Icelandic regarding grades, such as transcripts and diplomas, do not need to be translated; however, other documents in Icelandic, such as a certificate of name change, must be translated.
Please upload the original certificate issued and the transcript of subjects taken and grades awarded. Only final and officially issued documents are valid.