VIS OPEN CALL #3
The call for VIS issue 3 is open. The theme is History Now. Do you want to participate? Submit an exposition (in draft) through Research Catalogue no later than 1 June 2019!
Theme “History Now”
For this issue, we are asking for expositions where artistic practice deals with the manifestations of history in the present. More information in English coming soon. You can find the whole theme text in Swedish on VIS website.
The Editor for VIS #3 is Magnus Bärtås.
How to submit an exposition
To apply for the open call: create, design and submit an exposition (in draft) using the database Research Catalogue (RC). You need to register a full account in RC. On the RC, click ”create exposition” and use the help offered in RC-guides, tutorials and RC-support. Submit your exposition by 1 June 2019 at the latest to the VIS Portal Page in RC (in the menu, choose “Submit for publication” and then choose the portal “VIS – Nordic Journal for Artistic Research”, confirm by “Submit”).
You should consider your “exposition-draft” as only a proposal. You can leave notes within the draft that explain further developments and ideas. If your proposal is chosen by the Editorial Committee, it will be peer-reviewed and you will have about 4-5 months to edit it before publication in VIS Journal.
The Editorial Committee selects five-to-eight contributions to each issue of VIS.
Contact VIS for more info:
Checklist for submissions
- The exposition must include the author’s name, a title and an abstract. Where the exposition uses a language other than English, an English translation of the abstract is required.
- Submissions may be made in Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and English.
- Your exposition should not have been published previously. If only certain parts of the exposition have been published, this is acceptable. Please describe in the submission how and when partial previous publication has taken place.
- Copyright issues: be sure that you have taken care of any ownership/rights issues pertaining to any material that you add to your exposition.
We also strongly recommend you to consider the following
- Read the referencing policy for VIS (ask for it by contacting email@example.com)
- Be sure that the links are working; external links should be opened in a new window
- Typography – use only common fonts that works in different browsers. (We suggest Arial, Helvetica, Times, Courier, Verdana, Georgia)
- Test the exposition in different browsers
- Hide scrolling bars (if possible)
- Don’t insert images within text-boxes (to avoid overlapping in different browsers and version)
The Editorial Committee of VIS considers the following when selecting expositions
- How well the exposition proposal relates to the theme of the issue of VIS
- Whether the exposition takes place within artistic practices and contributes to further research
- Whether the exposition contributes to insight, knowledge and awareness of methods, ethics and context in artistic processes
- Whether the exposition proposal is conceived for the benefit both of those within the field and those beyond the sphere of artistic research.
Research Catalogue (RC)
Read the attached RC-instructions. They are made for Uniarts, but works for VIS.