Opera Out of Opera 2
Opera Out of Opera 2 (OOO2) builds upon the results from Opera Out of Opera (2018-2020), arising from the common need of partners to re-launch and make new, younger generations rediscover opera.
Opera Out of Opera 2 is a Creative Europe Cooperation Project, 2022-2025 with the aim to re-launch and make new, younger generations rediscover opera.
Aims and objectives of the project
- Creating and testing a reduced and innovative opera format, consisting in a visually attractive and engaging performance, easily reproducible, able to attract and engage young audience;
- Developing an Audience Engagement Strategy, foreseeing a set of activities for actively involving the target groups since the very beginning of the project;
- Co-creating a highly innovative OPERAONLINE, able to reach / engage the publich both in presence and online, respecting covid-19 safety measures and bringing opera experience everywhere;
- Improving the existing interactive system (Smartphone app) to customize the fruition of the performance, educate the new comers through tailored contents and guiding them in understanding the performances;
- Conveying the project vision and results, also by fostering synergies and networking opportunities with EU initiatives and relevant stakeholders.
Step 1: Questionnaire on opera for young people
The first step of the project is to find out what young people aged 14-30 know and think about opera! One of the ways we do this is through a questionnaire. It is in English and contains 17 questions, some are multiple choice and some are free text. Here is the survey: https://forms.gle/Tj7KLC8Ck5f47UuS8
Main coordinator: Conservatorio di Musica Santa Cecilia (Rome)
Partners: SKH - Stockholm University of the Arts, Mozarteum University Salzburg (Austria), Oslo National Academy of the Arts, The Academy of Opera (Norway), Escola Superior de Música e Artes do Espetáculo do Porto (Portugal), Nova Opera (Ukraine), WallMuse (France) and AEC – Association Européenne des Conservatoires (Belgium). Associate partner: Jeunesses Musicales Croatia HGM (Croatia).