When the course is open for application you apply through our web-based application system by clicking on the "Apply"-button on this page.
Start your application early! Don’t delay in submitting your application! You may run into trouble if you wait until the last day and your internet connection happens to be down, or you find that your files are in the wrong format. You will not be able to apply once the last date for applications has passed. Keep in mind that your application needs to be turned in by 23.59 (Swedish time).
When you have entered the application system:
- Register by stating your name and e-mail address.
- Fill in your personal data (including your Swedish civic registration number if you have one).
- Fill in the application form and upload the required documents.
Before uploading your documents, they must be prepared as follows:
- You must scan your original documents. If the document is in colour, scan it in colour.
- Be sure to scan ALL pages in the document, even those that just contain instructions or other information that is not necessarily information about your grades. It must be the complete document and all the pages should be in the same file.
- If you upload copies of original documents, (degree certificates, transcript of records etc.) they must be certified/attested! This means that another person must sign their name, write their name in block letters and provide their telephone number on each document copy you submit. This person, by signing, is certifying that the copy you submit is an exact copy of the original.
- All documents must be in PDF-format.
- Please name the file with content and your name for example: CV_ first name_ family name
The following documents have to be uploaded for your application to be complete:
1. A copy of your passport or national identity card (unless you are a Swedish citizen)
Applicants from non-EU, EEA-country, or Switzerland, need to pay application fee for higher education in Sweden, and if admitted a tuition fee. If you are a citizen in an EU, EEA-country, or Switzerland, you do not have to pay application or tuition fees. Please upload a copy of your passport/valid national identity card as we need to check your nationality. If you have a Swedish civic registration number, or Swedish citizenship, you do not need to upload a copy of your passport. Remember to state your Swedish civic registration number when you fill in your personal data.
2. Documentation showing that you meet the general entry requirements for studies at second cycle/advanced level.
- Upload a transcript of records/courses and grades from your university studies
- If you do not have courses and grades from university studies you can apply for recognition of prior learning.
We only accept documents in English, Swedish, Danish or Norwegian. Regarding documents issued in another language, you must upload the original document along with a translation made by an authorized translator.
Please note that we do not accept print outs from Antagning.se. We do not accept e-mails as certificates
3. Documentation showing that you meet the specific Entry Requirements:
- English 5 or the equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree of Fine Arts of at least 180 credits in singing or opera or the equivalent.
- If you do not have the required courses from university studies you can apply for recognition of prior learning.
4. Other documents needed for the admission process
- State your voice type
- Upload your project idea for this course
- State your repertoire: two recorded arias (see below) and three more to be performed if you are selected to the additional test at the University College of Opera.
- Film upload a film where you perform the two opera arias/pieces.
- Audio file Upload an uncompressed audio file where you sing the same opera arias/pieces as on the film.
- Your CV
5. If you do not meet the general requirements and/or specific requirements you can apply for recognition of prior learning. When you apply for recognition of prior learning you should upload:
Please note that we only accept applications and certificates through the application system, not by means of regular post or e-mail.
Confirmation of your application
When you’ve submitted your application you will receive a confirmation to the e-mail address that you’ve stated. If you don’t receive an confirmation e-mail, you should firstly check your spam filter. If the confirmation e-mail is not there, contact the technical support for the application system by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical difficulties with your application?
Phone: +46 520 580 050 (weekdays at the following times: 08:30–12:00 and 13:00–16:30)