Vision and Goals
Stockholm University of the Arts (SKH) provides education and conducts research in the fields of circus, dance, dance pedagogy, film, media, opera, performing arts and acting. With our unique composition of education and artistic research, we want to create new opportunities for societal development and knowledge of tomorrow.
Photo: Martin Hellström
At Uniarts you will find an attractive study and work environment, in which we strive to achieve broad recruitment of students and employees. With the flourishing environment for artistic research, we have unique opportunities of deepening the study programmes and creating collaborative transdisciplinary projects. Together we create dynamic meeting places for independent artists, educators and researchers in dialogue with society around us, both nationally and internationally.
Stockholm University of the Arts was established in 2014 when DOCH the School of Dance and Circus, the University College of Opera, and the Stockholm Academy of Dramatic Arts merged. We have about 500 students and 250 employees.
Right to award degrees at third-cycle level
In June 2016 Uniarts became the first university of the arts in Sweden to be granted the right to award degrees at third-cycle level.
Stockholm University of the Arts creates exceptional opportunities for societal development and knowledge of tomorrow through its unique composition of education and artistic research.
To realise this vision, we will:
- educate independent artists, teachers and researchers to become driving forces in their fields
- nurture a dynamic and critically reflective environment for research and development
- create encounters and dialogues between professional practitioners and society
- enhance our skills and expertise to meet the unforeseen challenges of a rapidly changing society through excellence, diversity and risk-taking
- be a consistent administrative organisation with a transparent, attractive and dynamic learning and work environment, characterised by broad recruitment of students and staff
- fulfil the requirements for attaining the status of a university