Applicant with upper secondary school grades from other foreign countries
On this page you will find information about upper secondary school grades from a non-Nordic country.
In order to be eligible for a Bachelor's (first cycle, or undergraduate) programme, you must meet certain general and specific entry requirements.
General entry requirements
In order to meet the general entry requirements for bachelor's level studies, you must:
- Have successfully completed upper secondary (high school) education (post-16).
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency in English and/or Swedish.
- If you have received final school grades after 31 December 2009, there is an additional entry requirement for mathematics as follows:
- The student must have successfully completed courses in mathematics to reach the level of the Swedish course Mathematics A (approximately 10 years of mathematics studies).
- This mathematics requirement does not apply to students who received their final school grades before 1 January 2010.
Students who have attended university are required to submit documentation of their studies and results.
Qualifications information specific to your country
More information about which documents to upload
Proficiency in Swedish and English
You need to be able to show that you have sufficient knowledge in the language of instruction of the programme or the course, that is Swedish or English depending on which programme or course you apply to.
How to show proficiency in Swedish (information in Swedish).
How to show proficiency in English.
Exemption from the Swedish language requirement
For programmes and courses that are taught in English, there is an exemption when it comes to proficiency in Swedish. For other programmes/courses, you must be proficient in the Swedish language in order to attend the course or programme.
Specific entry requirements
Some programmes or courses have specific entry requirements. In your application you must show that you meet the specific entry requirements. It could for an example be a qualification test. This is a part of the admission process. Please read what applies to the specific education you want to apply to.