ALLIANCES & COMMONALITIES 25-27 october 2018
A conference for artists, researchers, scholars and educators engaged in the research field of Artistic Practice, Stockholm, October 25-27, 2018. Alliances & Commonalities conference have received many proposals that are currently being processed.
What will happen next?
During November and December the assessment panel will go through the proposals. If the panel has any questions they will be back to you asking for clarifications and further information.
During January the chosen expositions will be contacted for confirmation. In February a preliminary conference program will be published on the Alliances & Commonalities website.
October 31: deadline for proposals.
November – December: the assessment panel chooses among the proposals.
January: the chosen expositions will be contacted for confirmation
February: a preliminary conference program will be published on the Alliances & Commonalities website.
June: conference registration opens!
June-August: Early bird price
October 13: last day to register for the conference
25-27 October: Alliances and Commonalities!
Sign up for the conference newsletter: Alliances & Commonalities newsletter
Contact us about the conference: email@example.com
Call for expositions and proposals (finished)
- September 1 – October 31, 2017
The Stockholm University of the Arts invites you to join us in exposing and experiencing the ideas, actions and articulations currently at work, and at play, in Artistic Research.
Inviting research from across disciplines, aesthetics and modes of practice, the conference focus is on the ways, means and places in which we meet – the shared materials, the common practices, the artistic alliances, the creative commonalities.
There are four Profile Areas in research at the Stockholm University of the Arts. The Profile Areas will be used to curate four discrete yet allied conference forums. We ask you to specifically direct your proposal to one/or more of the Profile Areas:
- Concept and Composition explores the myriad web of influences, inspirations, methods, and techniques that artists use in their artistic and creative processes.
- Bodily and Vocal Practices explores the techniques, methods and systems used in the articulation, interpretation and communication of creative ideas and visions through the use of body and voice.
- Site, Event, Encounter explores the interplay between art and society, considering the protean nature of participation in contemporary art practices/processes/events and the many and various contexts and conditions in which 21st Century artists work.
- Art, Technology, Materiality addresses media and technology as cultural, material and social conditions and networks occurring in, and engaged through, artistic practice.
We are particularly interested in exposing and presenting a wide range of research activities - projects in their very early stages of development, fragments or select parts of projects, projects that experiment with multi-various formats and modes of exposition. The structure of the conference will be generated in relation to the selected proposals.
We envision Alliances and Commonalities as a framed encounter with the multiple subjectivities at play in the research field of Artistic Practice - a meeting of individual and collective imaginations.
Where and when
The conference will be situated throughout the rooms, theatre spaces and studios of the Stockholm University of the Arts from October 25-27, 2018.
In 1600 words or less, briefly outline your proposal and address it to one/or more of the four Profile Areas. Please note that both the proposal and the presentation should be in English. Address your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide a concise biography of the participating artists/researchers and indicate any specific technical and/or space needs you may have.
Contextual information in the form of websites, sound and image links etc. are welcome. Please observe that the attached files may not exceed 10 mb.