When the programme is open for application you apply through our web-based application system by clicking on the "Apply here"-button on this page.
Start your application early! Don’t delay in submitting your application! You may run into trouble if you wait until the last day and your internet connection happens to be down, or you find that your files are in the wrong format. You will not be able to apply once the last date for applications has passed.
When you have entered the application system:
1. Register by putting in your name and e-mail address.
2. Input your personal data (including your Swedish civic registration number if you have one).
3. Fill in the application form and upload the required documents.
Before uploading your documents, they must be prepared as follows:
- You should scan your original documents. If the document is in colour, scan it in colour.
- Be sure to scan ALL document pages, even those that just contain instructions, or keys, or other information that is not necessarily your grade information. You must submit all pages in one documentt.
- If you upload copies of original documents (degree certificates, transcript of records, language test results etc.) they must be certified/attested! This means that another person must sign their name, print their name and provide their telephone number on each document copy you submit. This person, by signing, is certifying that the copy you submit is an exact copy of the original. A friend, relative or government official can provide this certification for you.
- All files must be in PDF-format to be accepted for uploading.
- Please name your files with content and your name for example: CV_AnnaSmith.
Documents to upload
A copy of your valid passport or valid national identity card (if applicable for you)
Applicants from non-EU, EEA-country, or Switzerland, need to pay application fee for higher education in Sweden, and if admitted a tuition fee. If you are a citizen in an EU, EEA-country, or Switzerland, you do not have to pay application or tuition fees. In order to find out which group you belong to, you need to show your citizenship. Therefore, you must upload a copy of your passport/valid national identity card.
For the passport/national identity card to be considered valid, your copy must be uploaded a maximum of 3 months after the expiration date has passed. Since last day of application is February 1st 2017, the last valid day for your passport/national identity card must be November 1st 2016.
If you have a Swedish civic registration number, or Swedish citizenship, you do not need to upload a copy of your passport. But don't forget to state your Swedish civic registration number when you fill in your personal data.
For the General entry requirements there are three options.
State what one is applicable for you.
- You have an exam from Upper secondary school. You must upload your diploma, a list of subjects taken and grades received from upper secondary school or a grades certificate or the equivalent from adult education at upper secondary school. Grades and certificates should primarily be in Swedish, but Danish, English, Faroese, Finish, French, German and Norwegian are also accepted. Regarding documents issued in another language, you must upload the original document along with a translation made by an authorized translator.
- You study the last year in Upper secondary school. Upload an individual study plan and/or transcript of courses and grades that shows your completed studies. This also applies to students in adult education at upper secondary level. If you are admitted you must send a copy of your final school grades, and this must have been received by DOCH no later than 21 June 2017 (for Swedish upper secondary school) or 5 July 2017 (for school grades from abroad).
- You don’t have the formal merits. If you do not fulfil the formal entry requirements for the programme, you may apply for recognition of prior learning/exemption. In other words that the knowledge and competence you have acquired through other activities are assessed as the equivalent of the formal merits that are required. You will be asked in your application to explain why you think that you will cope with the studies even though you do not fulfil the general and/or specific entry requirements. You also need to upload signed documents/certificates that confirm your merits/experiences that you refer to in your letter. The documents you upload need to be in English and marked with your name and day of birth.
Here you can find more information regarding prior learning and exemption.
Proficiency in English
If you do not have English 5 from Swedish upper secondary/high school or the equivalent, you can show your eligibility in other ways. State one of the following options
- If you have studied a course/programme of at least 30 credits with English as the language of instruction you might be considered eligible in English and may be granted an exemption.
- You can also demonstrate your English abilities through an internationally recognized English test (TOEFEL, IELTS Michigan English Language Assessment Battery or University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations). We need to have your test results no later than 21 June 2017.
- You can apply to take a local language test at DOCH to be given in conjunction with the selection tests. Please note that the local language test is only valid when applying to an education programme within DOCH.
Here you will find more information regarding the English language requirements, accepted tests and minimum results required.
You apply to the Bacehlor Programme in Circus with one circus discipline. In the webform you must state which discipline you apply with. If you work with a duo/group discipline you should also state a second discipline. If your partner/s apply as well to the programme please state their names. If the Department of Circus does not offer your discipline/s we will contact you.
Letter of Motivation
Write a short letter and answer the following questions:
- Why do you apply to the programme?
- What are your goals with the education?
You can also write if you have any other interests that are useful for your work as a circus artist.
The Letter of motivation needs to be in English only
Upload your CV. The CV needs to be in English only.
You must upload a film that is max 5 minutes long. It should contain:
- A short presentation of yourself, max half a minute. Do you work with a duo/group discipline? Tell us how we can identify you on the video
- A circus act that is between 3 - 4,5 minutes
The act should be filmed without cuts. Make sure that we can see you clearly in the film.
Please note that we only accept applications and certificates through the application system, not by means of regular post or e-mail.
Confirmation of your application
When you’ve submitted your application you will receive a confirmation to the e-mail address that you’ve stated. If you don’t receive an confirmation e-mail, you should firstly check your spam filter. If the confirmation e-mail is not there, contact the technical support for the application system by e-mail: email@example.com
Technical difficulties with your application?
Phone: +46 520 580 050 (weekdays at the following times: 08:30–12:00 and 13:00–16:30)